Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Play-offs

As you all probably know, I play softball (fastpitch) and this past weekend we played in our play-offs. Play-offs are where they determine which team will go to Districts, and which team will go to Regionals. My team, the Newton Pirates, came in third place, out of four teams. We didn't do too bad, but all of the teams were surprised with the first place team. All of the Newton teams had mercied the team that came in first more than once. So that was very surprising. Anyway, the second place team couldn't go to regionals because they didn't have enough players (even with three pick-ups) so our team is going to REGIONALS! I can't wait! The position I play is catcher, I am pretty good considering I am the one that plays catcher in all of the tournaments. Our pitcher, T.J. is one year older than me but she is so fast at pitching. This year she was actually supposed to play for a rep-team but the team didn't have enough players to continue on.

No comments: